Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Topic Tweaking

Yesterday was a double lesson and today a single lesson.


Looking at the postings from yesterday I felt that they were somewhat superficial. I was also not entirely happy with the amount of work being done. It took me overnight to consider what was happening and discussed this with the group today.

I felt that the students probably

  • do not have much experience with business
  • do not know much about life in general prior to the internet and www
  • have not undertaken a research quest that was as formally collaborative as this - ie getting use to a new way of doing something

The topic asks for comparisons to be made that are easy for me being an old fella - not so easy for them. Discussion today in class confirmed this.

Topic has now been modified to "Investigate the ways that the www is used in business today"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home