Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Panoramas

I reckon that this can be done in Photoshop but it is a bit like using an elephant to pull a match stick out of the forest. In education, I like the idea of using various free tools that work particularly well for certain functions.

Process.
  1. Take a heap of photos standing in the one spot - better if you use a tripod. Capture everything in these photos - top to bottom (180) and 360 degrees around. Download these images to computer.
  2. Autostitch - Use Autostitch to automatically stitch these images together into a seamless panorama. If the panorama is to be displayed on the web, then it is best to use something like Irfanview to resize all of the images first. Autostitch does the resizing automatically BUT the quality is poor.
  3. Use PT viewer to provide the user interface for the panorama on a web site

1 Comments:

  • At 8:38 pm, Blogger Leigh Blackall said…

    Thanks Wara. Here's what I did with Auto stitch: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leighblackall/83764475/
    saved me hours! And I know what I'll be doing tomorrow :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home