Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Online resume management tool

Emurse is tool that might be useful for students to create and manage their resumes. They can create one from scratch, which proably is the better way to go and then just fill in various fields. New sections can be added. A range of format options are also available. The resume can then be exported using the following formats Word file, PDF, HTML, plain text.

You can create a number of resumes which could be useful for students wanting to apply for a range of different job types. The resumes can be hosted on the Emurse site and made available to employers from there

A neat feature is that Emurse helps you keep track where you've sent your resumes. Students can set reminders for follow-ups, note any responses etc.

When I sent a resume to myself from the Emurse interface, the spam filter tagged it as possible spam.

I like the idea of being able to update my resume from anywhere. Handling all of my logins etc to all of these Web 2.0 tools is starting to give me a sore head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home