Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Remember this SACSA

I love my del.icio.us and the button on my Firefox browser that reads “remember this delicious” is one of my best friends. When I find something of interest I bookmark and tag it quite easily, whether at home or school. I am also part of the wiki, sharing resources for the Senior Secondary IT curriculum here in South Australia. Many of these resources are online. I usually bookmark these resources in del.icio.us and then add them to the wiki when I remember.

What I want is a button on my chosen browser that says ‘remember this SACSA’ and when I press this button, an entry is made in a SACSA oriented site as well as my other chosen social bookmaking sites like del.icio.us. The interface should make it easy to tag resources to areas of learning, curriculum bands and essential learnings.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen to that! I suppose if there were agreed tags throughout the SA education community, then it could work and everyone interested could join into the network. What about if a SACSA account was created on del.icio.us that was open for educators to contribute to? The hard part would be creating the agreed ground rules so that tagging was consistent. An idea worth further thought.

     
  • At 10:10 pm, Blogger Wara said…

    I have been thinking about that Graham. All the ground rules is the issue. If however DECS were to develop the Firefox plugin then they could build in various tags that would make it very simple for any teacher to contribute especially considering the age profile of the staff of our schools

     
  • At 8:14 am, Blogger vonnie said…

    This is an excellent example of the power of tags in social bookmarking tools facilitating collaboration within the education community at many levels from local to global.
    The power of tags and tracking via RSS and the abiity to create networks provide a huge bonus for educators. Unique tags for conferences open up such events to wider participation, encouraging global conversations and extending influence beyond the place and time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home