Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A good teacher sells the learning - engagement

This link is from a blog focussing on creating passionate users of software. I subscribe to it because there is so much there that can be translated into creating passionate people about all sort of things. It, of course, relates well to the learning environment and the craft of teaching. Well this post about teachers learning from marketers to improve their craft has really pressed some buttons for me. I think the author, Kathy Sierra, has nailed some really good points. It reminds me of a conversation that I had with my then curriculum senior somewhere over 20 years ago where he was telling me that a good teacher sells the learning. He was talking about engaging students and so is Kathy.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home