Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sun Mobile Phone Emulator

In 'The kids meet PODMO' post I noted that I needed to find out about the Sun Mobile Phone Emulator so that students can test their artifacts without having to have a mobile phone and bluetooth. The Emulator provided to be a bit hard to find but I think I have it.

I reckon we need the Sun 'J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2' and the update

I have installed this. The actual toolkit involved a simple 'spouse mode' installation. The update involved checking out the readme in the update zip file. There are 4 or 5 files in there that have to be manually copied into the stated folders where the toolkit is installed.

From the start menu run the 'KToolbar' program. This vanilla installation already contains the Mobile Media API which I think might be required to do this testing with students.

Now I need to work out
  • where to put the media that the students create
  • how to access it from the emulator
I will ask the PODMO people about this.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 pm, Blogger Massive Empire said…

    Hi Karyn here from Podmo! I would recommend the latest version http://java.sun.com/products/sjwtoolkit/download-2_5.html

    Was great meeting you all the other day.

    Cheers
    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home