Waraku Education

Ideas, experiments and observations as they occur [and I have time] relating to teaching and learning in a secondary school - special focus on ICT.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

How do you get to Grant High?

Wouldn't it be cool if you could customise an online map and send the link to visitors so that they knew who to get to a certain location?

What about students being able to place waypoints and markers on a map identifying important locations to their current research project.

We are going on a school excursion and want to allow parents to see exactly what our itenerary is?

I made one for getting to my school

The tool is Google Maps

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:18 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    I couldn't help but notice that the "old" abandoned Mount Gambier Hospital is labeled "Millicent District Hospital and Health Service". I wonder if this was someone's Idea of a joke or just a really big mistake ;-)

    I realise it had nothing to do with you. Just found it amusing.

     
  • At 9:55 am, Blogger Wara said…

    I noticed that also. The street name that GHS on is called Hosking Ave, yet on the map it is Hosking St. So there are a few mistakes. Bad Google.

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We did the same things at primary school many years ago… manually ((
    I’d like to help you but I can’t, sorry.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home